If you are looking to buy a water purifier or changing your old one, then you are at the right place. Below 5 best water purifiers and filters are listed that are available in Malaysia. Knowing these filters and purifiers will give you a clear idea of what best water filter malaysia do you require. If you are not careful, then you might end up with a model which is unable to purify the water effectively, and drinking from it will cause harm to the health.
This is why knowing all the right features and factors related to a water purifier will help in choosing the right model. The best purifier will effectively remove all unwanted substances from the water making it safe and drinkable.
Here are 5 recommended filters that are affordable and effective indoor water filter:
Panasonic Water Purifier TK-CS20
This water purifier is one of the most affordable models in the market of Malaysia. And the reason why it is on top of the list is that it is budget-friendly, and also has all the necessary features, and is a very hassle-free purifier. This Panasonic Water Purifier TK-CS20 is a product that will be able to, easily serve healthy and safe water to users, for years.
- Product specifications: its dimensions are W-153mm x D-260mm x H-265mm. as for its filtration capacity, it is 6 L/minute. With this high filtration capacity, you will always have plentiful drinkable water. The purifier maintains the water temperature at 20°C
- Stylish and compact design: if you have a modern kitchen or are looking for a sleek water purifier, then this model checks both boxes. Its design is modern, sleek, and compact. It will not take much space in the kitchen.
- Long-lasting cartridge: a single cartridge of this purifier can purify around 12,000L of water without requiring any maintenance. On average, if the machine purifies 30L/day, then the cartridge can last for a whole year. And when the time comes to replace it, the cartridge life checker feature will send you an alert.
- Filtration performance: the powdered activated carbon and non-woven fabric work together to provide the best filtration system. The activated carbon cleans mold and red rust by absorbing them, and the woven fabric removes any dust particles from the water.
- Easy to install, takes less space
- Has a long-lasting cartridge
- Provide filtered water at 6L/min
- Does not have many advanced features
- Removes only 95% of residual chlorine
When it comes to cheap water filters with good features, Panasonic Water Purifier TK-CS20 will always top that list. It is user-friendly and provides good performance.
3M Aqua-Pure HCD-2
When it comes to water purifiers there should not be any compromise with it because your health depends on how effectively it purifies the water. Knowing this, 3M makes some of the best purifiers in the market. It not only installs them with one of the best filtration systems but also equips the appliance with advanced features for better performance.
- Product specifications: the dimensions of the filter are W-290mm x H-494mm x D-474mm and weighs 17.7kg. The capacity of the water storage tank is 8.2 liters. A useful feature of this model is that the water is stored in different temperatures, room temperature-8.2 liters, cold water-3 liters, hot water-0.6 liter.
- Dual filtration system: 3M uses dual filtration technology in Aqua-Pure HCD-2 water purifier. The filtration system is a combination of UV lamp filtration and carbon filters. The system becomes more effective in reducing and removing viruses and pathogenic bacteria.
- Easy to use: with this filter, you will not need to fill the tank with water and neither boil water every day to drink it. Simply attach the water source to the filter and get purified water without any effort. The water filter can effectively filter harmful substances up to 0.5 microns.
- Instant boiling: owning this filter means no more hassle of boiling water. When in need sue the boiling feature in the filter. It can boil a full cup of water in less than 1.5 minutes.
- Removes up to 99.95% waterborne cysts.
- The cartridge can be changed within 10 seconds.
- Provides hot cold and room temperature water.
- Is not very affordable, falls in the expensive range.
With all the features it has and its effective performance in purifying the water, the 3M Aqua-Pure HCD-2 has become one of the most popular and sold purifiers in Malaysia.
Panasonic Ultra Filtration Alkaline Ionizer TK-AS65-ZMA
To have a healthier stomach, this water purifier, should be on your buying list. One of the selling points of this purifier is that it can provide ionized water in six different pH levels, which can be used for different purposes. Having such a purifier means you can use the water for drinking cooking, and even washing your face.
- 4-stage purification system: the water goes through 4 different materials to purify it from harmful substances. The four different materials are non-woven fabric, ceramic, activated carbon, and UF hollow fiber. The UF hollow fiber works to remove even minute harmful substances from the water.
- 6 different pH and 7 kinds of water: the purifier generates 6 pH levels that can be used for removing astringency, drinking, cooking, taking medication, for babies, face washing, and cleaning. The setting allows you to get 4 levels alkaline, 2 levels weak acidic, and 1 setting for purified water.
- Good for the stomach: the filter provides ionized water, which is good for improving gastrointestinal function. So when used for cooking, this water helps to keep the stomach healthy.
- Product features: the model comes with auto continuation mode, acidic water stand, kitchen timer, and automatic electrode cleaning.
- The alkaline ionized water makes the food tastier.
- Better bowel moments
- Comes with a 1-year local manufacturer warranty.
- No hot and cold temperature setting.
So after installing the PANASONIC Ultra Filtration Alkaline Ionizer TK-AS65-ZMA there will be no more feeling of bloatedness and uneasiness in the stomach, only healthy bowel moments.
Kent Supreme Water Filter and Purifier by RO+UV+UF
Looking for a purifier that does not waste much water, then you are looking at the right place. With Kent Supreme Water Filter And Purifier by RO + UV + UF, there is less water wastage and more purified water, this model works perfectly for any water source, tap water, borewells, water tankers, and storage tanks.
- Product specification: the dimensions of this wall-mounted water purifier are L-430cm x W-270cm x H-630cm. It can purify 20L/hour.
- Double purification system: the double purification using UV and UF provides complete protection from any harmful bacteria and viruses. Also, RO technology uses reverse osmosis to remove even dissolved substances like chemicals, rust, salts, heavy metals, and pesticides.
- Save water technology: generally, the RO technology wastes 80% of the water, but in this purifier, 50% of the water is recovered and drinkable. The remaining 50% wasted water is stored in a separate tank which you can use for clewing, washing, and moping purposes. Thus, no water wastage.
- Dual storage tank: the purifier has two separate storage tanks for purified/drinkable water and discarded water. The capacity of both the tanks is 9 liters.
- No water wastage.
- Auto shut-off and on function.
- Can be used to purify TDS level 500-2500.
- Comes with an installation kit and manual.
- The maintenance cost is a bit high.
With this purifier, you get purified drinkable water with no wastage and a compact-looking water filter that fits perfectly in your kitchen.
Snaptec Aurra Pro Water Purifier
Looking for a water purifier with advanced features and is modern-looking, then the Snaptec Aurra Pro Smart Water Purifier is what you want. The “Smart” in its name is not just for show, it does have many useful features that make operating it very easy. This purifier is a combined effort of Malaysia, China, Korea, and Germany.
- User friendly: the purifier is very easy to use and can be even personalized. The purifier has an interactive touchscreen that allows you to easily operate all of the advanced features. It also has two themes, light and dark.
- Filtration system: the filtration system used is the Nano+Quad filtration system. The filtering capacity is 0.001M Nanofiltration. For purification, it uses a Nano-positive membrane.
- Advanced features: one of the best features of this purifier is the temperature setting. This setting allows you to control the water temperature. Next is the mobile application of Snaptec, which can be used for multiple purposes. You can book maintenance and servicing dates, track hydration, etc. this app is compatible with both iOS And Android platforms.
- Performance: the users of this filter have no issue with its performance. The customizable water temperature and tankless hot water feature put this purifier quite high on the best water purifier list.
- Has a proprietary mobile app for easy operation.
- Customizable water temperature settings
- Personalized settings and themes
- Latest Nano+ Filtration system
- The water tap is a bit small for likeability
- Requires proper Wi-Fi connectivity to work
The Snaptec Aurra Pro Smart Water Purifier is a highly preferred product among Malaysian users. It has all the right features and is also easy on the pocket.
Here’s what you need to know before getting the right water purifier
Getting the right water filter for home is very important because it concerns your health, but at the same time, it is quite a challenging task. With so many options available in the market, it is possible that you get confused. Considering the following factors beforehand will it be easy to buy the Best water purifier malaysia:
Checking the water quality
Knowing what the water source is will help in identifying if the water is unhealthy or hazardous for your health. The water will get tested for TDS (Total Dissolved Solids), Salinity, and Hardness levels. TDS level less than 500ppm is safe but above 1000ppm is unhealthy and not good for health. As for the source:
- Borewell water has a TDS level of more than 500ppm
- Groundwater has a TDS level between 200-500ppm
- Municipality water has a TDS level of around 200ppm
Related article: How Do Water Filters Work
Now, depending on the water quality choose the purification technology you want for your water purifier.
- RO (Reverse Osmosis) purification technology- this is best for purifying water with above 500ppm TDS level. The RO purification technology uses reverse osmosis to filter heavy metal particulates and minerals using a semi-permeable membrane.
- UV (Ultra-Violet) filtration technology- for water with less than 200ppm TDS level, this filtration technology is good. It perfectly filters the impurities and retains the necessary minerals.
There are some purifiers available that can be bought if the water has a TDS level between 200-500ppm. Most of the time, the models will be using both RO and UV technology.
Water storage capacity
Another thing to consider is how many liters of water do you and your family consume in a day so that you can get the right tank capacity. If you live in one of those places with frequent power outages or fluctuations, then look for a purifier with high storage.
- 2-4 members- the recommended capacity is 5 to 8 liters
- 4-6 members- the recommended capacity is 8 to 10 liters
- More than 6 members- the recommended capacity is 10 liters.
Servicing and maintenance
As the water purifier, purifies the water continuously, its filter needs timely servicing and maintenance. So, buy a water purifier that is supported by prompt servicing and low maintenance costs. Some purifiers come with an annual plan called AMC (Annual Maintenance Cost) and for others, the cost depends on the usage of the purifier.
The purifier should have basic features like a display for when the purifier is on/off and at water level. Along with the basic ones, look for additional features like TDS level indicator, alert feature when the filter needs changing, purity indicator, etc.
RO and UV water purifiers are bulky and a bit big. So, when going to shop for a purifier, take the dimension of the open space in the kitchen where you want to install the purifier. This will help in finding the right size. Also, remember that the purifier requires an electrical outlet and water source with decent pressure and continuous water supply.
Water being one of the most important sources of life, there should not be any compromise in getting the right water purifier. Most of the water sources do not supply drinkable water which has made it necessary to have a purifier that can filter all the impurities. And constantly boiling the water before drinking it can be quite a hassle, so the best alternative is to get a water purifier. Connect it to the water source directly and enjoy drinking purified and healthy water.
Take your time and look at various models of water purifiers and filters before deciding on one. The investment made in the water purifier should be a fruitful one that will keep you and your family healthy for a long time.