Do you want to own a nice smartwatch that appeals to your taste and lifestyle, a smartwatch with impeccable design that is chic and timeless, a smartwatch that is something you can comfortably afford? Then, you are at the right place buddy.
There is nothing like an ideal watch, it will be different from person to person, depending on the features you want, materials, and components desired.
So, the choice of which smartwatch to buy is a deeply personal decision as it is a new introduction to your life and on your body, and is a very personal accouterment.
This can be an overwhelming process, right?
The purpose of this article is to help you to learn how to make the right decision of what watch to buy. I strongly believe that such decisions should be made by you only.
But, One might wonder What’s the need of owning a smartwatch when smartphones do everything we need them to do from organizing our schedules to giving us weather updates and they even tell the time.
Still, watches aren’t obsolete through the sales have gone down in the past decade, but I’m here to tell you the many benefits of wearing a wristwatch in today’s smartphone era that may just surprise you.
1) Health and fitness – Smartwatches are really valuable tools for tracking your fitness. Its equipped with so many lifestyle-enhancing features like :
- Heart rate monitor
- Sleep monitors
- ECG monitors, and
- Blood pressure monitors.
2) Finding phone and key – Do you always head out for an urgent meeting and you suddenly can’t find your keys or phone – we’ve all experienced this right!
With the “Find Your Phone” feature on your smartwatch, you can quickly locate your phone within seconds.
3) Navigation – Holding up your phone to check directions can be cumbersome. And navigating with a phone while cycling or driving divides the driver’s attention and can cause accidents and it’s often illegal in many places.
And not only this but many more features such as Making or receiving phone calls, accessing phone notifications.
So Ultimately, smartwatches are like a little smartphone on your wrist which makes them easily accessible.
My personal favorite is Apple Watch Series 6, it’s like a dream watch for all iPhone users. This all-in-one smartwatch can be worn during all types of exercise, even if you are underwater which makes it perfect for adventure lovers.
But, Some might say that it’s an expensive brand, so is it worth spending so much? So, let me tell you, Expensive watches are made to stand the test of time and to last for generations.
Don’t worry, I’ll help you pick out the best smartwatches in Malaysia.
The purpose of this article is to help you to learn how to make the decision of what watch to buy and to help point you in the right direction.
Apple Watch Series 6
Apple Watch Series 6 with its remarkable app and improved sensor that allows you to effectively measure
- Blood oxygen levels and generate ECG data, so the future of your health is on your wrist.
- This all-in-one smartwatch can be worn during all types of exercise, even if you are underwater.
- It also has built-in GPS + Cellular features, which makes it perfect for the adventure lovers.
What makes the Apple Watch stand out from other brands?
The Apple Watch Series 6 display that’s always on.
But maybe it cannot be the best budget smartwatch in Malaysia as all these features come at a price which is really high-end for many people, and also to get the most from the Apple Watch,
you have to be an iPhone user. Some users also say that all versions of the apple watch look quite similar, the design has never drastically changed.
Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2
This smartwatch genuinely cares for its users. Its Equipped with :
- Running coach function, now you can enjoy some fitness advice and encouragement while you’re on a run.
- Looks after the mental health of its users with its stress tracker.
- Serve as a good heart rate monitor.
- atch can last a day (or even more with normal use)
- Excellent partner for your workout sessions, checking notifications and messages, streaming music, and all sorts of other things.
Though, users have few complaints like – No ECG, fall detection feature, and limited app support.
Related Article: How Long Do Smartwatches Last
Huami Amazfit T Rex
It is a tough inside-out smartwatch. This smartwatch has passed 12 military-grade certifications, which ensured its robustness and resistance against harsh environments.
What makes it stand out
- Long-lasting battery life (up to 20 days)
- Resistant to harsh environments
- 1.3” AMOLED coloured screen with Always-on display
- Bio Tracker™ PPG Bio-Tracking Optical Sensor.
Though consumers think that Heart-rate monitoring and sleep tracking have room for improvement.
Before you select a smartwatch, there are a few things to think about.
Every smartwatch will have some essential features like a heart-rate sensor or a step tracker. However, you need to look for a watch that also includes things like an SpO2 sensor, sleep tracking or auto-brightness sensor.
And If fitness matters to you, have a look at the fitness watches in Malaysia which have dedicated fitness modes on the watch that you’re looking to buy.
Accurate tracking results
24×7 heart-rate monitoring, blood oxygen tracking and other fitness-related data make no sense if the smartwatch you buy does not show you accurate results.
The more work your watch can offer in a single charge, the better it is. When buying a new smartwatch, look at watches that offer a good battery life of at least 15-20 days on moderate use.
The first thing you should check is whether the smartwatch you want to buy is compatible with your smartphone or not. If you have an Android phone and you want to go for an Apple Watch then that’s a no-go. The Apple Watch only works with the iPhone and not Android phones.
so now with Smartwatches life has taken a step further towards some convenience. You just do not need to take out your smartphone every time.
But, Some of the frustrations associated with Smartwatches are –
- It is difficult to operate with touch or a rotator on small screen sizes.
- Typing messages is also a hectic task.
- The fitness tracking is at times not optimal in results.
- Smartwatches from brands like Samsung, Apple or Motorola are quite heavy on the budget and Chinese ones are not up to the standard.
Those who say that smartwatches are a waste of money simply don’t understand just what a smartwatch is capable of doing.
Again, one can argue that who needs to buy a watch when their phone tells the time, has a calendar, and has an alarm? It’s a valid point though.
But, smartwatches offer something a little different. They offer all these basic watch features but they also do things that smartphones cannot.
The ideal watch will be different from person to person, depending on the features, materials, and components desired. Though some major considerations should be a watch that is compatible with your phone, good Battery life, accurate in tracking results and has required features that fits your needs.
Out of these best smartwatches in Malaysia, Apple Watch Series 6 is the best-recommended watch up to date and with the ECG app. It’s a momentous achievement for a wearable device that can provide critical data for doctors and peace of mind for you.